Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes better healthcare for all Nigerians through the creation of strong and sustainable health systems. CIHP is consistent with global orientation towards the transfer of program management and implementation responsibilities of donor-supported programs to indigenous organizations. This is aimed at increasing local ownership, funding effectiveness and strengthening of local talent for the adequate provision of quality technical assistance for healthcare and development in Nigeria as part of the US President’s Emergency Fund for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR II )’s central sustainability theme. The broadened scope of objectives has created the need for increased staff capacity around new and enlarged areas of focus.
Working with CIHP is all about making a difference to people’s lives by ensuring quality and sustainable health service provision. Provided, that you have the dedication, commitment, community spirit and client service skills to make a positive difference to the many thousands of people who will be relying on you, we can offer you a fair, diverse, dynamic and flexible learning environment across our six field offices or at the central office in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting for the positions of:
Job Title: Internship
Discipline – (Health System Strengthening, RNC, Laboratory, Programs, Human Resources, Strategic Info)
- Successful candidates will be offered development activities through a variety of learning strategies
- Interns will also qualify for a monthly stipend to cover the cost of transportation and meals.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Candidate must be 27 years and below; Successfully completed a degree or equivalent leading to a minimum of 2.2 or credit for HND graduates within the last two years
- Smart and highly motivated graduates willing to up-hold our values and contribute towards the achievement of organizational strategic and operational objectives/goals
- Good attention to detail with ability to follow, apply, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines
- Ability to multi-task and remain calmer under pressure. Be willing to work in any of the states.
- Able to commit minimum of 1 year subject to successful performance following probation
- CIHP cannot guarantee a permanent job on completion of internship.
- All positions require candidates that are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, computer applications and Internet/Emails
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Significant amount of travel may be involved for all positions.
- Commitment to and understanding of organizations vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Terms of Employment
- The organization offers highly competitive salary packages for all positions.
- Appointments for each of these positions will be subject to a probationary period.
- Local terms and conditions are applicable.
Application Closing Date
10th January, 2013
Method of Application
Interested/Qualified candidates should apply by email with CV and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to:
The subject of the email should be the POSITION title and the applicant’s full name e.g. Finance Associate – Mary John.
Applications not sent in this format will NOT be processed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.