Nestle is the leading nutrition, health and wellness Company globally and the industry reference for financial performance. Our nutrition, health and wellness agenda continue to bring enhanced benefits for consumers, greater brand differentiation in the market place and increased value for shareholders.
We are seeking to up-skill self-driven, motivated and qualified young individuals to acquire both theoretical and practical technical skills at our Technical Training Centre in Agbara.
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Qualification: OND
The Nestle Technical Training Programme
The Centre offers 18-month multi-skill, theoretical and rigorous vocational training in three core disciplines:
- Mechanical maintenance activities
- Electrical / Instrumentation / Calibration maintenance activities
- Introduction to Automation maintenance
The Centre is ideally located in the middle of engineering activities in the factory. It is well equipped with the following facilities: modern classrooms, standard library, computer and technical drawings rooms, state-of-the-art electrical / instrumentation / automation and mechanical workshops.
The students are exposed to industrial work experience in the various plants within the factory. Trainees are continuously assessed and appraised during the period of training.
The best five students on completion of the programme will be sponsored by Swiss embassy to do a 3-month internship at a Nestlé Factory in Switzerland. The sponsorship is part of a bilateral Migration Partnership Agreement between Switzerland and Nigeria.
Candidates must have obtained the following qualifications not earlier than 2011.
- Minimum of Lower Credit in Ordinary National Diploma (OND) issued by a Nigerian Polytechnic in any of the following (or related) fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electrical Installation & Maintenance Practice
- Applied Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (Mechatronics)
- Applied Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Measurement and Control / Instruments Mechanics Work
- Automation Engineering
- In addition, candidates are mandatorily required to have five O’ Level credits or equivalent obtained in one sitting in the following subjects: Physics, Mathematic, English Language, Further Mathematics or Technical Drawing.
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above entry requirements should submit application electronically by completing online forms at www.dragnetnigeria.com/nnplc
Candidates should apply for admission only once. Only electronic applications will be considered. Kindly ensure that e-mail addresses and phone numbers given are active and considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application closes on Tuesday 12 March 2013