Phoebe School is offering a six to twelve month internship in administrative assistance – although this is a volunteer role, travel expenses are paid, and the experience and training opportunities provided will help you take a real step forward in working in the right sector.
We are seeking to appoint a smart, helpful and hardworking individual to work in our busy and friendly School Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for all school admissions and attendance duties. This is a key position within the school and applicants will require knowledge and experience of administration. The role also involves reception, welfare and administration duties.
Phoebe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this committment. This appointment is subject to satisfactory references and other reasonable checks. Email applications only please via LinkedIn or firstname.lastname@example.org
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST LIVE IN THE LEKKI AREA
1. Provides secretarial and administrative services for the whole school including:
- Word Processing of letters, memoranda, school diaries, minutes, newsletters and reports etc.
- Answers routine enquiries from staff, pupils, parents, local authority officers, Governors and the general public including personnel and payroll queries.
- Undertakes switchboard and reception duties;
- Files, updates and retrieves information manually and electronically;
- Prepares and answers routine correspondence.
- Photocopying as required
- Assists in maintaining the head’s diary of appointments and school diary of events.
2. Responsible for the collection, banking and accounting of school money for clubs, visits, uniform etc, and maintain all relevant paperwork.
3. Responsible for the compilation of attendance registers and maintaining associated records:
- Implements the requirements of the LA with regard to attendance;
- Responsible for the production of statistics on a regular basis for the School’s management and teaching staff.
- Contacting parents by phone to find out why a pupil is absent from school
4. Assists with stock control and maintenance of inventories.
5. Assists with the maintenance and updating of student data using database and producing statistics on a regular basis for Management, Local Authority and teaching staff, including submission of school census.
6. Uses office machinery (photocopier, fax, shredder).
7. Assist in the school admissions process.
Desired Skills & Experience
What you will need:
- Computer literacy, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide accurate statistical information.
- Time management and organisational skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team
Visit this page to apply.