The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens right to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. IFES is a reputable International NGO that supports the building of electoral democracies with support from USAID.
IFES recognizes our future leaders in democracy and governance, and works with a large network of universities to provide year-round paid and unpaid internships.
IFES is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Internship
Duration: 1-9 Months
- Responsible for assisting the program team research and extract news information for reports.
- Assist with event preparation by providing administrative and logistics assistance.
- Assist with sorting and distribution of newsletters.
- Clerical duties including filing, photocopying, and scanning.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree in any relevant field.
- At least one year working experience (National Youth service will suffice).
- Possess initiative, a positive attitude and have strong value for loyalty, respect for confidentiality and discretion, dependability.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2013
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their type written application, current resume, copies of certificates and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong and proven track record with democracy and governance work.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.