The West African Health Organisation (WAHO), the health Institution of ECOWAS, and its partners announce its Young Professionals Internship Programme (YPIP) for 2014 which will commence in January 2014 and hereby invite applications from citizens of member countries of ECOWAS
The goal of the programme is to equip young professionals with knowledge skills and experience for effective management of health problems in West Africa
The 12 month programme is divided into 4 stages (I – IV).
Stages I and IV will take place at the headquarters of WAHO in Burkina Faso, during which the interns will acquire knowledge and competence in basic principles of public health, a second official language of ECOWAS, computer and new information technology as well as basic principles of management and leadership. During stages II and III, the interns would be posted to host Institutions in different countries in West Africa to acquire practical skills and competencies in their technical areas of interest or professionals specialisation. The technical areas should respond to health needs of the sub-regions and the priority domains of WAHO.
Priority Domains for 2014
The applicants for 2014 Internship should have interest in one or more of following priority technical areas/domains:
- Reproductive Health
- Health Research
- Disease Control/Epidemiology
- Child Survival
- Prevention Of Blindness
The Interns would be provided with accomodations and would receive a monthly allowance during the period. All travel costs related to the Internship would be paid for and learning materials would be provided
All applicants must be citizens of ECOWAS member countries, must be available throughout the 12 month period and should have:
- Obtained a University degree or equivalent within past five years
- Fluency in reading and writing at least one official ECOWAS language (English, French, Portuguese). Knowledge of a second language would be an advantage
- Basic competence in information and communication technologies.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send the following documents:
- Letter of application to participate in the programme
- Photocopies of Diplomas and Certificates
- Letter of motivation stating reasons for wanting to participate in the programme, technical areas of interest and reasons for the choice, relevant experiences and future careers plans.
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of relevant pages of the National passport
Documents sent by other means except online would not be considered
Application closes 10th August, 2013