Function: Marketing Communications
Job Type: Internship (Full-Time)
Min. Qualification: Other
Min. Years of Experience: 0 – 2 years
Are you social media savvy? We are looking for a highly dedicated individual who will assist with our social media marketing efforts. The intern will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and getting visibility for Jumia. The goal of the internship is to help you explore the marketing field and provide you with real-world skills in the eCommerce industry.
You will learn the ins and outs of our business and how to make social media a productive part of our overall marketing efforts.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy. Interns will assist in formulating social media plans and carry them out.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Assist with the maintenance, monitoring, and organization of our social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, and YouTube, determining appropriate content and benchmarking.
• Creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) and optimizing our user interfaces.
• Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
• Finding users to follow/friend/like our business.
• Writing and posting tweets/updates etc.
• Assist in creating and implementing strategic and innovative social media campaigns aimed at increasing awareness, expanding outreach and improving communication with our target audience.
• Reply to comments, messages, etc.
• Report findings to team.
Please note that this is an internship position
• Excellent written communication skills
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor and a positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to self-motivate and stay on task while carrying out routine tasks individually and as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills, including effective time management
• Ability to collect, analyze, and synthesize information from diverse sources
• Creative/graphic design software skills is necessary for this role
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to build and maintain strong professional relationships
• Highly detail-oriented
• Passion for staying up-to-date with social media trends
• Must have active accounts across key social media sites including Facebook & Twitter.
• Must be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• A passing knowledge of simple HTML, image processing and editing software (Photoshop), and video processing/editing software (QuickTime) is not required, but would be valuable.
• Ability to create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus.