What is the Intel Student Partner Program?
The Intel Student Partner Program is designed to enable students at leading universities across Kenya, South Africa or Nigeria to have the opportunity to work closely with Intel and understand our latest technologies. The program is for students who realize the best technology careers come to those who chase their dreams.
What are we looking for?
The Intel Student Partner program offers technical training, incredible connections, and extraordinary opportunities. We expose new Intel technologies to our partners around the world. You merit sneak peeks at development tools, and industry-defining software applications. In turn, we ask you to inspire their peers by sharing and promoting these new technologies and benefits on campus.
How do you apply?
Program Participants (Participants) can apply to be part of the Intel Student Partner Program (Program) by submitting an application here. Application deadline is December 15th, 2013.
Eligibility criteria are:
- University Status: Applicant must be enrolled in a full time program at a recognized university in Kenya, South Africa or Nigeria.
- Academic Excellence: Applicants must have a Grade Point Average of minimum B (or equivalent) from a recognized university. Proof of Grade Point Average in the form of academic transcripts is required.
- Leadership Experience: Applicants must demonstrate that they have previously organized and lead other students in running or implementing a project or event that is of value to the University community.
- Familiarity with Intel Products: Applicants must demonstrate that they have working knowledge of Intel product categories, specifically Intel Graphics Performance Analyzers, Intel’s cross-platform tools such as Intel® XDK,
- Applicants must also be active members of the Intel Developer Zone, and have an understanding of Android application development. Android application development knowledge will be verified during interview, where candidates will be required to perform a brief technical exercise. Intel Developer Zone membership will be verified by including your IDZ username in the registration process.
Selection of Intel Student Partners – Judging Process
Candidates will have their applications reviewed by a jury who will then shortlist candidates for face to face interviews. Face to Face interviews will be conducted by an Intel Representative, and interviews will take place at the University Campus. Interview for Short Listed candidates will focus on
- Presentation Skills: 10 minute presentation by the shortlisted candidate on a Technical Theme relevant to Intel, but proposed by the Candidate.
- Technical component: Assessment of the candidate’s technical knowhow in areas that are critical to Intel Intel Graphics Performance Analyzers, Intel’s cross-platform tools such as Intel® XDK, Applicants must also be active members of the Intel Developer Zone, and have an understanding of Android application development. (Android, Parallel Programming, Windows Phone Programming)
- Soft skills components: Assessment of the candidate’s ability to relate well with other students as well as faculty, and represent Intel at the University. This portion of the interview will assess for the following qualities in the candidate: Decision Making, Oral Communication, Integrity, Teamwork, Problem Solving skills.
What will You Get
Successful Intel Student Partners will receive the following benefits:
a) Profiling within the IDZ Africa Zone as a Student Partner.
b) Opportunity to participate in Intel Events locally and internationally. For any event that requires travel, Intel will cover all associated, reasonable costs (transport, accommodation and board) on behalf of the Student Partner based on actually incurred costs only supported by a valid proof of payment.
c) Intel Student Partners merit sneak peeks at development tools, and industry-defining software applications that are public but may not be readily available in your specific market.
d) Intel Student Partners will have access to mentors within Intel to support them build their global network and career skillset.
e) Monthly Stipend of $50 in equivalent local currency for every month that they are in full time enrolment at the University (excluding holiday months) which will be subject to additional contractual obligations with a local 3rd party agency that will be contracted by Intel Corporation. Additional contracts will need to be signed between the selected partners and the 3rd party agency.
f) Branded Intel Merchandise: Branded Jacket, Branded T-Shirt, Branded Laptop bag, Branded Laptop Cover., of approximately $200 in value
Starting from 15th November 2013 Participants can apply at any time during the duration of the Program and will be notified within 1 month regarding the status of their application. Successful applicants will remain Intel Student Partners for the duration of 1 year, which is renewable subject to performance. Intel, at its sole discretion, may determine the end date of the Program.
Notification to successful applicants
The list of successful applicants will be posted here, and all successful applicants will all be directly contacted via email.
Delivery of the Prizes to the successful applicants
Branded merchandise will be delivered to successful Student Partners at their respective Universities, during the Induction program. Monthly stipend will be paid by the 3rd party agency directly to the Student Partners bank account on a monthly basis.