- In your JPA assignment, you’ll use your strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, your knowledge of technology and the web, and your research abilities – working with more senior colleagues and project teams in their operational work.
- You’ll have an opportunity to hone your skills and acquire new ones while gaining first-hand exposure to the challenges of development and poverty alleviation.
- Your experience as a JPA can then be used as a stepping stone to a career in government, consulting, the private sector, or academia.
We will provide you with the opportunity to gain entry-level professional experience, on a two-year, non-renewable contract with benefits.
Eligibility and Criteria
Your academic achievements are superior and place you in the top ten percent of your graduating class.Your analytical and research skills extend to areas of specialization such as: economics, finance, human resources development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields.
The following are minimum requirements to be eligible for the Junior Professional Associate employment category :
- Be 28 years of age or younger
- Hold the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree (with some relevant experience), a Master’s, or be a PhD candidate with a superior academic record.
- Be fluent in English
- You are fluent in English and, preferably, in at least one other Bank language (French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, or Chinese).
- You’re not afraid of technology and use it to maximize your work.
- The World Bank Group welcomes applicants from all over the globe regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic background, and disability.
Since this employment category is highly competitive, applicants under active consideration for employment will be asked to submit academic records as well as references. The World Bank will contact only those applicants whom hiring managers wish to interview.
Positions may be located in any of the Bank’s offices across the world. Recruitment and hiring for this employment category is ongoing throughout the year.
For more information, click here.