- Baker Hughes offers exciting internship opportunities for university candidates currently studying for a qualification in Engineering or Sciences. If you are pursuing a Bachelor s or Master s degree and looking for valuable work experience with a world-leading company, consider a challenging internship at Baker Hughes. Interns work under direct supervision of an experienced Baker Hughes staff to assist in the day-to-day operations and tasks in accordance with our Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) operational practices and procedures.
- While the type of work will vary from location and product line, the internship provides a great opportunity to complement your academic preparation with direct, hands-on experience in one of our facilities. In addition, it provides fundamental understanding of our company and builds the necessary knowledge, business sense and teamwork ability to prepare yourself for your future career.
- Depending on the actual internship placement, you may learn how to develop, design, manufacture and assemble our products. We are always looking for bright graduates with fresh ideas who will help us to find novel ways to solve our customers complex technical problems.
- If you are successful in your application, regardless of the business area you are allocated, you will be expected to share Baker Hughes commitment to our Core Values: Integrity, Performance, Teamwork and Learning.
This means you will need to demonstrate the following attitudes and behaviors:
- You are eager to develop yourself within the workplace,
- You can successfully work in a team and can build collaborative relationships,
- You successfully apply your learning from your academic study.
There is the real opportunity for successful interns to be employed by Baker Hughes before graduating. Baker Hughes offers a wide range of structured graduate training programs allowing our engineers to rapidly gain knowledge and experience in their area of expertise. This, combined with increased exposure in our organization, help develop our engineers in order to develop new tools or processes that will enable the company and industry to grow in future.
For our internship opportunities we are seeking penultimate year students who:
- Are currently enrolled in a minimum 4-year Bachelor’s or Master’s at the time of their internship, in a relevant technical discipline
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (or equivalent, e.g. 2nd upper/ WAM 60 and above)
- Have English language proficiency (this may be assessed as part of the selection process)
- Are involved in extracurricular activities in university
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2015.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The dates for internships are expected to be between the following dates: 1st June till 25th July, 2015.
Location: Nigeria, Port Harcourt